Monday, November 23, 2009

Kitchen Casualty: Apple Crisp


 

I had my first kitchen casualty this weekend. No, it wasn’t one of my fingers (thankfully), it was my apple corer. 


My healthy husband uses it every weekday to cut up apples to take to work for a snack. I only use it when I’m making a recipe that requires apple slices to be coated in wonderful things like cinnamon, sugar and butter. And of course, I’m the one that breaks it.

We both agreed, however, that it was totally worth the sacrifice because this recipe was one of the best (if not the best) apple crisps we’ve ever eaten. And since the recipe wasn’t very difficult, I added the challenge of making homemade whipped cream. I’ve been missing out by using the fat-free Cool Whip all these years. Homemade is the way to go. It made an incredible recipe even more mouth-watering. There isn’t a cooking time or temp listed so I guessed and cooked it at 350 degrees. It took about 35 minutes at that temp. 



If you’re looking for a dessert for Thanksgiving, try this one. You won’t be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment